I am glad to release the third WordPress plugin by Daily Blog Tips. My Top Commentators is a plugin that allows a blogger to discover who are the most active commentators on his blog (via the WordPress Dashboard, so other people will not see this information). You can also use different time frames for this, so you can see the top commentators:
- Last 7 days
- This month
- Last month
- This year
- Last year
Secondly, you can also see all the comments left by a single person, and edit or delete them via the plugin interface.
So, what are the possible uses for the plugin? Here are some ideas:
- You could check your top commentators every month to write a post thanking them
- You could see the most active people on your blog to link more often to their articles
- You could see people that support your blog, and email them to propose joint ventures or ask for feedback
People that comment often on your blog are your most loyal readers, so I thought that it would be useful to know exactly who they are.
I would like to thank Pawan Agrawal from MaxBlogPress that coded the plugin specially for Daily Blog Tips. He has more outstanding plugins on his site so check it out.
- Download the plugin here
- Unzip the file
- Upload the whole MyTopCommentators folder to your Plugins folder via FTP
- Inside the Plugins section of your WordPress control panel activate the plugin
- Under the Dashboard click on My Top Commentators, and use at will