The Fez Smart Factory (FSF) Competitions, launched as a part of the FSF Ecosystem and led by the EuroMed University of Fes (UEMF), Morocco, is a contest for corporations to change into a part of an all-in-one support zone for modern activities. This competition is launched to enhance industrial productivity and other KPIs or develop latest factories for modern products, by implementing the principles, methods, and technologies of Industry 4.0.
Be certain that to use by the sixth of May 2023.
The Fez Smart Factory Competitions Seeks Applicants for 4 Ecosystem Components
The Fez Smart Factory Competitions invites applications from modern corporations to affix one in every of the next 4 components of the FSF Ecosystem:
- The Fez Smart Factory Accelerator (for startups): A reception area for startups with development projects for intelligent industrial units for prime value-added and competitive products.
- R&D services for Industry 4.0 (for R&D entities): The Fez Smart Factory Competitions goals to pick five R&D entities, to be domiciled within the spaces dedicated to R&D services of the FSF ecosystem. A single entity shall be chosen per industrial sector amongst those covered by the FSF Ecosystem. (find the list of focus areas below)
- Engineering services for Industry 4.0 (for engineering corporations): The Fez Smart Factory Competitions goals to pick ten engineering corporations, to be domiciled within the spaces dedicated to the engineering services of the FSF ecosystem. They shall be chosen on the idea of technology and use cases, starting from predictive maintenance to optimal energy management and cloud solutions, amongst others. (find the list of focus areas below)
- Business Center 4.0 (for SME & Large industrial corporations): This component of the FSF Ecosystem offers domiciliation spaces for SME & large corporations and industrial units wishing to take a position in Morocco in the sector of industry 4.0.
Why Should Your Business Establish in Morocco?
The FSF Ecosystem is supported by the Sustainable Industrial Zones Fund (FONZID) following a competitive call for projects launched jointly by the Millennium Challenge Account-Morocco Agency (MCA-Morocco) and the Ministry of Industry and Trade. FONZID is an element of the “Industrial Land” activity under the “Compact II” cooperation program, financed by the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) and whose implementation has been entrusted to the MCA-Morocco Agency.
The aim of the ecosystem is to establish a national model for future business initiatives aspiring to affix the fourth industrial revolution. It also goals to supply a startup accelerator to develop latest factories for modern products and support existing industrial units to optimize KPIs. Furthermore, the region offers several incentives for businesses to determine in Morocco, including:
- Morocco is politically & economically stable under the leadership of His Majesty King Mohammed VI
- Strong macroeconomic environment
- Reliable business partnerships
- Strategic location for investment & trade
- Investment Charter with significant incentives for foreign investors
- Near Tangier Med Port – the primary trans-shipment hub in Africa
- World-class public infrastructure throughout Morocco
- Dynamic & qualified workforce
- Home to high-end integrated industrial platforms
- 37% electric energy supplied from renewables
- Aim to achieve 52% from wind, solar & hydro by 2030
- 4 GW & USD 6 billion in investments
How Will Your Business Profit from the Fez Smart Factory Competitions?
Fez Smart Factory Competitions is open to any modern company or startup, Moroccan or foreign, with an eligible project to develop a latest modern industrial unit for high-value-added and competitive product(s). Successful candidates receive the next advantages:
- Access to experts, investors, donors, and manufacturers from Morocco
- Access to the rapid prototyping center shared with the UEMF
- Industrial property and development services
- Office Space & Services
- Social Support Services
- Access to services of the Pilot Model Factory 4.0
- Access to numerous labs and technological services available at UEMF
- Help discover the transformation needs of existing industries with support from the CGEM (General Confederation of Moroccan Enterprises)
Key Focus Areas for the Fez Smart Factory Competitions
This competition focuses on the below-listed industries using concepts and technologies of industry 4.0, applicable for startups, industrial units, and huge and SMEs corporations, or developing latest Industry 4.0 solutions and technologies, applicable for engineering corporations and R&D entities.
Industrial Sectors of Interest for the Fez Smart Factory Competitions
- Chemical and Para-Chemical
- Biomedical and Pharmaceutical
- Metal, Metallurgical, and Electromechanical
- Renewable Energy
- Textile and Leather
- Digital Tech
Technologies of Interest for Engineering corporations applying for the Fez Smart Factory Competitions
- Predictive Maintenance
- Optimal Energy Management
- Industrial Supply Chain Management
- IoT and Sensors
- Connectivity and Cloud
- Virtual and Augmented Reality
- Industrial Automation (Robotics & Cobotics)
- Mechanical Manufacturing Processes
- Chemical and/or Biological Transformation Processes
- Data Analytics and AI
Each Engineering company specializing in a single technology will use it to develop use cases for all industrial sectors covered by Fez Smart Factory Ecosystem.
The ultimate deadline to submit the appliance form and all the executive and technical documents to Fez Smart Factory is sixth of May 2023.
Sharing is Caring!